Do you want to get a fat free and fit figure but have gone tired of the various kinds of diets for losing weight? Are you one of those people who have tried umpteen number of diet regimes only to be disappointed?
If, the answer to the above questions is Yes, then the lemon juice diet plan is just the perfect one for you to start with.
Research has rightly pointed out that consuming water and lemon juice diet on an empty stomach will help you to lose weight in a very effective manner. It helps to kick start your metabolism and in turn ensures that you at-least start to lose weight.
However, it is important to understand that it is just a short term mode to kick start one’s metabolism rate and in turn lose weight.
Therefore before you resort to the lemon juice nutrition diet for losing weight it is important to understand the various aspects of the diet. Let us know some of the pros and cons of this diet here so that you do not face any problems.
How Lemon Juice Diet Acts As A Great Cleanser Diet?
Even though the diet is known to show few side effects, it is believed to be one of the best ways for cleansing and rapid slimming. Many people are known to opt for the lemon juice diet as a mode to cleanse the body and detox the body completely from within.
However, in case you need to get detoxing and cleansing benefits you need to add an extra dash of maple syrup and cayenne pepper to ensure that the body is actually cleansed from within. The heat in the peppers actually helps in improving the bowel movement.
Lemon Juice diet recipe is known to be good for a short term weight loss regime. It is confirmed that people who drink lemon juice and water on a daily basis are known to have lost weight over a short span of time.
The lemon juice maple syrup and cayenne pepper diet is so harsh that you often run the risk of suffering from severe protein deficiency. As a result, it is not advisable to follow the diet for more than a day.
Research points out that if one follows the lemon juice detox diet for more than a week at a stretch then it may end up damaging and hampering the body. As a result, it is advisable that one follows this diet plan only for one week at a time.
Is The Lemon Juice Diet Safe or Unsafe?
The most important aspect that you should be aware of is the fact that lemon juice and water diet is not a safe diet regime. In fact following this diet plan over a period of time will deplete the vitamins, minerals and other important proteins that are required by your body on a daily basis. It is therefore important that you consult with your physician or dietitian before you start with this lemon juice detox diet.
The lemon juice diet – Theresa Cheung’s book gives you more insight on how this diet helps in providing you the best benefits. You can check this out in case if you are a fan of reading books.
Talking About Pure Lemon Juice
Now when we have talked much about lemon juice diet (which is a mixture of lemon, water and few other ingredients) let us talk some more about pure lemon juice.
Pure lemon juice is different from the mixture and can prove to be beneficial for our body too in different ways. Not only it helps in lowering down the calories intake but also it helps in fat burning.
How Many Calories in Lemon Juice?
For people like me who are often concerned about calorie intake ask about this question. But worry not as lemon is known for providing no-fat, low-calorie, and low-sodium flavors to the diets you should be least concerned about it.
According to livestrong site fresh lemon juice contain only 3 calories per tablespoon and thus you should not worry about the high calorie intakes when you plan to consume this diet along with fresh hot water.
Is Bottled Lemon Juice Good for You?
You are not at all suggested taking bottled lemon-juice as it might contains additives which are not good for health rather freshly squeezed lemon-juice is highly beneficial for your health. On the other hand, mild flavor will be tasted rather than stronger tastes in case of bottled ones.
If you taste fresh and bottled lemon-juices side-by-side then only you will be able to feel the difference. If you are unable to take the raw juice directly then in that case you can mix up the same with water.
How Long is Lemon Juice Good For?
Though it is always better to have fresh lemon-juice as soon as the lemons are being squeezed but if the juice is more that your need, then you can choose the option of storing the same within refrigerator.
But you must store the juice within absolutely air-sealed container and the freezing temperature should be maintained in between 32-40 degrees F. You can then take this juice till maximum three days from storage. But as per the researches, in case of zero degrees, you can even store the juice for as long as 6 months.
What is Lemon Juice Good for Besides Weight Loss?
- Regular intake of half-cup of lemon juice can increase urine’s citrate levels as a result of which formation of calcium stones can be easily prevented within your kidneys.
- Sore throat can be effectively smoothened along with the quick alleviation of discomfort by means of using the outstanding mixture of honey and lemon juice.
- This juice is really very much useful for maintaining a flawless skin and you can also get rid of different kinds of irritating skin troubles like itching, redness nad others. In fact, insect bites can be easily treated by the same and thus you can apply the juice over the affected area on your skin.
- You can also apply the lemon juice over your face with cotton balls so that outstanding glow can be gained. On the other hand, different kinds of troubles can e dealt with like pimples, rashes and other canes that occur on your face on a frequent basis due to some infectious elements like bacteria and others. Lemon juice has got higher anti-bacterial elements as a result of which your facial pores will get nourished and cleansed.
- You can also use lemon juice as the best hair treatment as that can smoothen up your hairs and the overall texture can be improved to a great extent but in that case you have to apply on a regular basis.
- If flaxseeds are taken with lemon juice taken unwanted wastes of your body can be eliminated quickly as a result of which you can get greater digestion. Hot water can also be added with the same for getting stimulation of digestive track and addition of Vitamin C.
- PH balance of your body can be easily maintained along with the lowering down of high fever.
- Citrus liminoids can prevent growth of cancer cells and you can also stay stronger by extracting potassium power from lemon juice.
- You can also loose unwanted body fats by taking lemon juice on a daily basis. On the other hand, antioxidant properties of lemon juice can eliminate different toxic elements from your body.
If you are interested in making the homemade lemon juice you can watch the video here which can help.