Like every other concept, master cleanse diet also has two sides.
We all know the benefits it offers including detoxification, purging unwanted fat deposits, improving immune system and cleansing the body’s digestive system. We also have many Hollywood celebrities endorsing the same.
But this article gives a glimpse of a different side to the story. Let’s check them out…
In This Article
Is The Master Cleanse Really Dangerous?
The master cleanse diet (also called as the lemonade diet or the master cleanser) is formulated by Stanley Burroughs in 1941. Among the various forms of diet regimens the master cleanse is a unique detoxifying dietary procedure which mainly concentrates on reducing the extra pounds from the body in a most effective manner.
With increasing popularity, there are several controversial debates revolving around the master cleanser. This is mainly due to many potential health risks that are emerging with the individuals who attempts this diet plan.
In some of the cases it has been seen that while fasting the body gets depleted of its glucose and goes into a condition which is known as Ketosis. In this condition the body starts building ketone bodies which is used as fuel. But as the lemonade master cleanse diet contain smaller amounts of glucose it helps in preventing ketosis.
When I was on day 7 of master cleanse I felt just fine. First I too thought, I would be starving or feeling tired. But, I feel really good and even more active and brisk. Even in the mornings when I woke up, I was not hungry.
How Safe Is Master Cleanse Detox System?
“Is the master cleanse diet safe?” Does this question pop up in your mind every now and then?
Well, then you are not alone! There are lots of other people who are constantly thinking whether to follow master cleanse system or not for detoxifying their body stems or for achieving the weight loss goals they dream of.
You all would be surprised to read that this cleansing program is more than 50 years old and is thus safe and reliable. Large number of people have used master cleanse system for losing weight and delighted with its outcome.
You would be glad to read that master cleanse diet is undeniably safe for all ages but only when it is used for right reason and done carefully.
Users of this diet enjoys increased amount of energy and feel-good factor after completion of the master cleanse diet. This diet helps you to kick your cravings for cookies, French-fries, chocolates, pastries, chips that can make you overweight. Above all, this diet also helps psychologically too by developing a sense of control over your emotional eating issues.
What are The Major Side Effects of Cayenne Pepper, Lemon Juice and Maple Syrup Diet
Listed below are some the deleterious master cleanse side effects, consequences or dangers you should know about. Please check them out in detail before you plan to try this diet.
- Unlike, what people promise about this diet, which is having stress free mood once detoxified, health practitioners say the contrary. Stress, emotional imbalance and unhappiness due to starvation can be a result. It may sap your motivation and create bloating problems, gas, loose stools, etc. When the internal body system is not working fine, it will also not derive the happy hormones like serotonin, which will otherwise be obtained from healthy food.
- Another drawback of following this diet is the dependence on laxatives for your digestive system. Laxative tea is a part of the master cleanse diet regimen which helps in bowel movement. But once you break this fast on a periodic basis, your body gets dependent on these laxatives for bowel movement.
- For those partakers who follow this diet on a regular basis, have high chances of developing metabolic acidosis. This is due to the presence of high level of acid in your blood. Some of the master cleanse diet side effects are breathing difficulties and increased heart rate.
- When you are deprived of necessary calories and going for a master cleanser diet, your body will understand by it that you are well starving. Normally when following such type of diet you should be under total rest (mainly the mental rest). But there is no such provision insisted in the master cleanse protocol. Thus, undergoing the master cleanser diet without taking proper rest is really a dangerous convention which may cause nervous weakness gradually.
- Dehydration is also a commonly mentioned dangers or side effects of master cleanse due to the lack of water intake in this diet.
- Electrolyte imbalance is another side effects shown by this diet. A good and healthy electrolyte balance is necessary for proper functioning of heart, brain, muscles etc. An imbalance can lead to nerve functioning, problems of liver or kidney and even heart diseases.
- Weight gain after the diet is also one of the major side effects seen with this diet. Often people see that their lost weight piles up back quickly, post-diet. And this is not at all a favorable thing for those who are undergoing this diet.
Potential Dangers and Side Effects of The Ingredients Present
Researcher’s proven frequent use of lemon causes tingling sensation in the nerves, loss of proper dentin formation in the teeth, forms crystals in the renal tubules, etc.
Maple syrup is nothing but the sugar liquid which when taken in an enormous amount without taking enough protein, minerals and vitamins will cause general muscle and bone weakness. It also increases the triglyceride level in the blood. Furthermore the regular intake of sugar demineralises the bones and teeth. There are also chances of mycotoxin influx as the sugar always has the potential to stimulate the fungal growth in the body.
Even though there are enough minerals available in the lemon juice and maple syrup, they are not sufficient for ten days which thus results in major mineral and vitamin deficiencies. Because of this the person is highly prone to acquire fibrillation, valvular diseases, arrhythmias, heart muscle weakness, etc.
Some of the master cleanse dangers/side effects also include fatigue, irritability, inability to focus and lack of awareness. Some other master cleanse dangers are toxin buildup, laxative abuse and metabolic acidosis. Considering all these side effects, it is not good to stay on the lemonade diet for more than 10 days.
So, Whether This Diet Is A Healthy Diet OR Not?
Whether you should try it or not?
The ingredients in the master cleanser are harmless, healthy and all natural products. The diet is filled with vitamins, minerals and enzymes and thus it will surely prove to be beneficial for your body if you try out the way it should be.
Water and lemon is the main ingredient that keeps your body well hydrated. During the diet, you are primarily consuming large amount of water which is good for all. The master cleanser helps the body to restart its natural cycles by lowering the body’s dependency on things such as fats, proteins, preservatives etc.
Thus, the master cleanse detox diet provide the body’s daily dose of vitamins and minerals. This is in no way an Unhealthy diet, if consumed rightly by following all the required instructions. You can surely try this master cleanse diet at home and get the fast effective results naturally without fail.
Mistakes You Should Avoid
Common mistake that should be avoided after following master cleanse is taking fast food immediately. Going from fasting to fast food is very dangerous and make sure to avoid such two extremes. Instead ensure to take healthy diet.
After finishing master cleanse, go for healthy, balanced diet which provides your body the proper nourishment it needs.
Consulting your nutritionist can help a lot when you are planning to undergo this diet. Your body too has its limits, so care for it and make it beautiful without harming it aggressively!
People Searched for:
- Dangers of the Master Cleanse
- master cleanse dangers