Master Cleanse created in the 1940’s by medical practitioner, Stanley Burroughs is one of the most popular as well as successful liquid diet followed by celebrities like Beyonce and Robin Quivers. It has over the years adopted several names like the ‘Lemonade Diet’ , ‘Celebrity Cleanse’, ‘Maple Syrup Cleanse’ and ‘Cayenne Pepper Diet’.
The diet was originally developed for treatment of stomach ulcers but has over the years influenced people who want to gain mental clarity, physical strength and a positive outlook towards life. This diet, which ultimately helps in detoxification, is a ten-day fast which must be broken with utmost care.
It is used to clean your body of harmful substances like drugs, pesticides from food, hormones etc. It has also been used by people, who want to reduce weight quickly for occasions or to detoxify body of other waste materials. You must bear in mind that this is no easy task as you will have to strive for ten days with just lemon being your only food source.
In his book, Stanley Burroughs has mentioned an elaborate diet to be followed after breaking the ten day fast. This is because after surviving for ten days on just lemonade and water, you are introducing food into your body system.
It must be made sure that you follow a raw vegetarian diet so that you do not upset your stomach very easily with meat and fish. In his diet book, ‘Master Cleanser’, he has clearly elucidated the need and the various benefits we reap after a fast.
His book is an eye opener that explains the disadvantages of the various diet regimens followed by people.
When and How Should You Break The Master Cleanse Fast?
One of the signs that indicate that you can come out of the ten-day diet is when your tongue, which is otherwise furry white in colour, turns pink. This is because the dieter’s body has got rid of the toxins, that were otherwise present in his intestine and has hence been cleansed.
Burroughs highly recommend a ‘master cleanse vegetable soup recipe’ for dinner. The master cleanse ease out soup recipe is as follows.
- Onion -1, diced
- Carrot-1, sliced
- Tomatoes-3, medium
- Potatoes-1, medium, half-inch cubes
- Celery stalk-1, sliced
- Zucchini-1, sliced
- Cauliflower- 1 cup
- Broccoli-1 cup
- Beans- half cup each of lentils, kidney beans and others
- Bunch of green leafy vegetables which include spinach
- Brown Rice- half cup
- Green pepper-1, diced
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Curry powder-1 tsp
- Dry Oregano- 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper- 1/8 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Other desired vegetables
- Organic Vegetable broth or cube
For preparing this vegetable broth soup recipe master cleanse you need to add all the chopped vegetables, seasoning, along with the brown rice into a large cooking pot. Add adequate amount of water, such that the vegetables and the rice are covered and put it on simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Check if the rice and vegetables are cooked thoroughly. Add water if necessary to complete the master cleanse soup recipe. You can prepare this recipe for the post cleanse (days 2 and 3).
How To Ease Out Of The Master Cleanse?
Ease out of the master cleanse is not so hard procedure to follow. You should rather go reverse of the process you followed while master cleanse ease in.
Before breaking the master cleanse it is important that you slowly ease yourself so that you get back into the normal diet easily. This slow and steady master cleanse ease off process helps in avoiding any digestive problems that may arise. Following diet regimen and diet is recommended by Burroughs to end up your fast.
1) For Ease Out Of Master Cleanse 1st Day you should only recommended to consume orange juice. For this day you can drink few glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice as per your desire. Drinking orange juice slowly will prepare your digestive system for digesting the regular food properly before you actually start consuming the regular food. In case if any digestive problems occurs during the day, you may take extra water with the orange juice.
2) For the 2nd ease off master cleanse day you are recommended to take organic orange juice along with organic vegetable soup (recipe listed above). Be sure that you prepare the fresh orange juice and soup as taking the canned juice or soup is not allowed at all. Few glasses of juice and water can be taken during the day. In the afternoon and evening you can have the vegetable soup with broth. You can prepare 2 meals of soup in one go. After consuming one meal keep the second meal in the refrigerator. If needed Organic whole grain rye wafers can be taken along with the soup. But care that you do not take bread or crackers with the soup.
3) 3rd day of master cleanse ease off start with drinking water and freshly squeezed organic orange juice in the morning. And then in the afternoon you can include organic vegetable soup in your diet. In the evening you are advised to take organic vegetables, salads, fruits, etc. whatever you like. Eating meat, fish, bread, eggs, or any other solid food is however not allowed.
4) Hah! The fourth ease off day now comes with a relief for you as you can resume your normal diet once again now. You can eat solid food as per your requirement. Continue the lemonade diet for several days more (along with the solid food) if you think that your digestive system is not ready for food.
People Searched for:
- master cleanse soup recipe
- master cleanse soup
- master cleanse vegetable soup recipe
- master cleanse vegetable soup
- master cleanse ease out
- cleansing vegetable soup recipe
- vegetable broth soup recipe master cleanse
- soup recipe from master cleanse
- how do I make soup to break my fast
- excerpts from stanley burroughs master cleanse broth