Every second, a person you see seems to be juggling with excess weight problems. Weight problems have increased in recent years because of the lifestyle people lead.
Losing weight is the most difficult task especially when you are overweight.
It is almost difficult to diet when you are hungry as the majority of the diet programs would eliminate you from eating less leaving you hungry.
However; with appropriate guidance about weight loss, you will be able to shed some of your unwanted weight in a healthy way.
Before starting with your weight loss, it is important that you understand your body and how the diet trick is going to work.
Rather than opting for something unnatural, opt for natural ways for dieting.
This will not only eliminate your intake but also takes care of your hunger pangs.
There are several things in nature that help you to lose unwanted weight such as herbal tea, other herbs, green leafy vegetables, fruits, and fruit juices.
Very few people know that consuming only fruit juices especially the grape juice diet can turn out to be a great diet and help to lose weight brilliantly.
Let us discuss in detail about this grape juice diet below.
In This Article
What Makes Grape Juice A Beneficial Diet?
Consuming grape juice is healthy and has been a lucrative source when it comes to shedding weight.
The grape juice diet plan has been around since the ancient years and has shown glowing results.
The reason it is healthy and doesn’t weaken your body is that it contains natural glucose (fruit sugar).
Also, it has lots of Vitamin C that taste good and sweet which also helps to balance your energy levels keeping hunger at bay.
Apart from being great diet juice, there are other factors that make this grapefruit juice beneficial. Some of these are:
- It improves your digestive system,
- enhances your vision,
- improves your skin,
Most importantly it is anti-oxidant that protects your body from harmful effects of UV radiation, aging, preventing your skin from further damaging. Besides the weight loss benefits, the grapefruit juice diet also helps in cancer prevention.
The great part of this grapefruit juice diet is it’s inexpensive and easy to make. You will require 100 gms of grapes and water daily to make the juice at home easily.
You can prefer whichever variety of grapes you like for making homemade grape juice. There are no restrictions on the intake of consuming this fruit juice.
Nutritional Value of Grape Juice
This fruit juice is packed with the best of the best nutritional values that taste so well. Some of the varieties of grape contain edible seeds and some others are seedless in nature.
All varieties are rich in antioxidants and offer a wide range of health benefits.
How Many Calories In Grape Juice?
As per resources online it is found that there are about 150 calories present in 1 cup of grape juice. Or it can be said that 100 grams of grape juice contain about 60 calories.
What Is Juice Fasting and How It Help?
Fasting is a health practice that lets your body go through various physical metaphor hoses.
If done correctly, it will be a positive experience that lets the body relax from rigors of daily things that you put it through.
If you are looking for an easy way to weight loss then juice fasting is the quickest and most effective way to lose weight.
Juice fasting often comes under detoxifying cleansing diet that many people take up in order to avail of great health benefits along with losing weight.
With juice fasting, you considerably consume a high level of nutrition.
How Does Grape Juice Fasting Help in Cleansing?
Juice fasting such as following a grape juice diet plan is a great way to detox and cleanse your body naturally.
Consuming juices such as grape juice offers your body a solid detoxifying effect which heals your body completely.
Your body then diverts extra energy to cleansing itself and eliminating unneeded, old tissue.
Drinking orange or grape juice doesn’t add up extra calories. Alternatively, it provides you a great amount of energy thus increasing your metabolism along with burning calories faster compared to other diets.
It is all about consuming fruit juice (such as grape juice) and raw vegetables along with water performed for a short span of time.
Taking up juice fasting will be beneficial for those who are looking for quicker ways to weight loss.
As we all know the liver is our primary detoxifying organ, so when you are on this diet you are freeing up your liver resources to burn fat.
Can I Drink Grape Juice on Keto Diet?
While water is said to be the best to drink when you are on a keto diet.
However, if you want something extra there are lots and lots of low carb fruit juices available.
Lemon, grapefruit, grape juice, lime, and oranges can be the best suitable option if you think you cannot live just on water.
Make sure that you prepare them fresh at home and do not buy packaged juices that are of low quality.
If you are buying at online stores, make sure that you pick only the best quality juice that comes under a well-known brand.
Grape Juice vs. Red Wine: Which is Better?
Basically, grape juice and red wine are the same source extracts but have slightly different phytochemical makeup.
Grapes have a big range of polyphenol compounds like flavonoids, resveratrol, phenolic acids which prove to be major resources of health.
The large concentrations of these compounds are seen in the seeds, skin, and stem.
Hence, the large the connection with these components the more is the polyphenolic content.
When you produce red wine, there is a longer exposure to the seeds, skin, and stem of grapes which enhances the polyphenolic content 10 times more in comparison to grape juice or white wine.
In simple words, grape juice is said to be the non-alcoholic version of red wine.
For this reason, it offers amazing body healing, cleansing, and protection function as well.
And yes, it has some serious scientific evidence too!
How to Make and Store Grape Juice at Home Properly?
You can make a fresh glass of grape juice by just diluting the concentrates of grape juice, according to the instructions given below.
For those who want to make grape juice at home, here is a basic recipe. You can also add some of your own flavors to enhance it.
What all is needed (3-4 servings)
- Organic grapes (Muscadine, Concord, green, black or red) around 750gm or 1kg
- Water as needed
- Black salt ¼ tsp
- Sugar/ Jaggery
- Lemon juice 1tsp
1st method: With the help of an electric blender
- Wash the grapes perfectly and drain all the water
- Add them to a blender and blend till a smooth mixture is formed.
- Use a strainer and strain the liquid in a clean container
- Use a spoon to squeeze out all the juice against the strainer
- Now add some salt, lemon juice, and sweetener
- Serve it cold with some ice cubes.
- Garnish the juice with mint leaves
- Drink it in your breakfast and detox your body
2nd method: Without the help of an electric blender
- Wash the grapes and drain all the water.
- Now wash it in warm water to make sure all pesticides are removed completely
- Not mash the grapes with a potato masher till all the juice is out.
- Now put the mashed grapes in boiling water in a pot.
- Cooke them for 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Ash the grapes again in the container. But, if you like a chunky texture, then don’t do it.
- Strain the juice via a sieve or cheesecloth.
- Remove the sieve and keep the juice in the refrigerator.
- Serve the juice cold or with ice.
- Add seasonings like lemon juice, honey, black salt or mint leaves.
Sometimes the grape juice may taste sour because of the grapes being sour.
This is why people often go for a blender based method.
However, you can make your grape juice taste better by using some of the tips given below:
How to Make Your Grape Juice Taste Better?
- Choose the right grapes as they make a lot of difference.
- Do not boil the grapes. Just heat them at high temperatures in a boiling water container.
- Make sure the juice is cool before you serve it. Cool for 24 hours for amazing results.
- Add lemon squash, pineapple juice, and some soda to chilled grape juice.
- You can add milk to thick and concentrated juice and use popsicle molds and freeze them and eat tasty grape-flavored popsicles.
You can change the concentration up or down as per your serving size.
But, it is important to keep the remaining juice in the refrigerator immediately.
If the juice is not stored right, it may ferment and the microorganisms may produce metabolites that aren’t good for humans to consume.
How to Store Grape Juice the Right Way at Home?
Grape juice, when made from fresh grapes at home, can be stored in multiple ways.
You can freeze it or put it in bottles to use them later. It wipes out the need to run to get a preservative choked version from the store.
All you need to do is:
- Refrigerate the juice in bottles or jars with tight-fitting lids. It stores the juice for 5-7 days. More than that, your juice will start fermenting.
- Freeze it in freeze safe zipper bags and seal them. Store in a standing position. You can double bag the zipper bags, in case the freezer burn happens.
- Write labels on the zipper bags with date and content. If you freeze it this way, you can store the juice for a year
- Ferment the grape juice and turn them into wine. Add some yeast and sugar to it.
- Now keep the mixture away for at least 50 to 60 days. However, you should check the pH level from time to time before consuming it.
If you use the right ingredients, choose the right method to make it and store it in the correct form, then you can enjoy your grape juice all year-round.
It is an amazingly versatile drink to make your own set of cocktails and mocktails.
Below is the video that will tell you about how to make homemade grape juice at home in a DIY way very easily!
Overall, By consuming more of a grape juice diet on a daily basis (or relying on juice fasting for a few days) you will eventually form a habit and feel better while doing the diet.
The day soon arrives when you’ll know that your weight has started dropping and you are slimly boosting with confidence.